Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Mighty Mac


Photos MJHansen
There's a special spot in my heart for the mighty Mackinac Bridge.  For the past several months I have been crossing it about twice a month and have come to look forward to that part of the trip.  Nowhere else can you drive over straits with a magnificent view of two Great Lakes.   At  45mph for cars and 20mph for trucks it's a "leisurely stroll" with panoramic views in every direction.  Once in a while I stop, usually on the North side to enjoy other views and take a few photos.  Here are a few from a week ago on my way home from Houghton.

The next one is a little different.  Bet you can't figure it out!  I was facing away from the bridge and shooting toward the Visitor Center so the image of the bridge is a reflection in a window and the the brighter image in the center is the view through the building and out another window

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love these photos!