Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Spring Lake - Part Two - Surprise!

(See Spring Lake, part one.)
After our adventure with the swans and turtle nests we walked to where the wetland boardwalk joins with the North Country Trail behind the old brick brewery.
 My attention went to the water lilies and blue flag irises until just ten inches from my foot was something that made my heart race!
There, in the soft grass, partially hidden by branches was a tiny fawn all curled up in a circle sleeping and seeking shelter from the rain. Trying not to disturb the spotted white tail deer I snapped a few photos. Her eye opened slowly as she lay still.
While I looked behind me to get Erich's attention she bounded away into the marsh grass to hide. What a rare opportunity!  I will not forget that moment of discovery any time soon!

4 comments:

Dave said...

Wow! So cool! Love the pics you're posting!

Unknown said...

Love the waterlily's.....and the fawn is oh so sweet!

Heatherbaby said...

Amazing! Your pics are beautiful & what a special moment you got to share with nature!

Heatherbaby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.