Thursday, June 26, 2008

It doesn't have to be done, but I do it.

"I'm busy", "I don't have time to do that", "Where does the time go?"
What am I doing that makes me so busy? I've pondered that many times and the answer is a looooong list of things that don't have to be done. But I like to do them, so I do. Hobbies, interests, relaxation, whatever you want to call it, it doesn't have to be done, but I do it.
Gardening, Photoshop, Trying new recipes, Sudoku, Scrapbooking, Blogging. They add a diversion, a new dimension to the "things we have to do" in everyday life. One of those things I do that I don't have to do is make a monthly calendar page to put on my frig. No store-bought calendar for me. It must be customized. So here is the top of the page I put together for June.
I'm working on July now. I don't have to. But I want to. So I'll do it.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Love the calendar!!! You make the best calendars! I also love your Leadbelly quote!

wildmary said...

As long as Ledbelly's words aren't an omen for Saturday's kayak tour...