Monday, June 23, 2008

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

George Carlin will always be remembered for his "Seven Dirty Words You Can Never Say on Television" . We lost an edgy, anti establishment, ground breaking comedian yesterday. Nothing was off limits to George. He had a talent for observing sensitive social issues or just trivial annoyances of everyday life and turning them into popular comedy often with a dark side. One of my favorites was his baseball vs. football dialog, but his one-liners were classic... "When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?" "It's never just a game when you're winning." "Inside every cynical person is a disappointed idealist." One more favorite: "I've been uplinked and downloaded. I've been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I'm a high-tech lowlife. A cutting-edge, state-of-the-art, bi coastal multitasker, and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond..."

No comments: