Friday, February 25, 2011

Nature

     I've always known nature has calming, healing powers.  Not because I've read it or heard it somewhere.  Because I feel it.  My house is surrounded by woods and woodland animals visit daily. 

 It's always been fun to see deer saunter across the backyard as well as the occasional turkeys, rabbits and the more common squirrels and birds.

  On occasion I've been thrilled to see coyotes, turkey vultures, and owls, too.  Anyone who has ever watched a bird feeder knows how mesmerizing it can be. There is clearly something calming about gazing out the window to see the woods whether it's a winter wonderland or the cool green summer view.
  


     Check out a study on this subject - -
http://www.shamanswell.org/shaman/new-study-viewing-nature-through-window-healing

No comments: