Saturday, February 5, 2011

Year of the Rabbit

~Chinese New Year~
 A year ago Erich and I celebrated the Chinese New Year (year of the Tiger) with Tom and Wendy in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario who were hosting a Chinese exchange student.  Dan Dan (the student)  made traditional dumplings for the celebration.
Wendy, Dan Dan, Mary on dumpling duty


 Wendy and Tom's house was decorated appropriately in the golds, reds, lanterns and such for the occasion.  I wasn't quite sure what one wears to celebrate this day so I just got a pendant with the symbol for the year I was born, Year of the Horse.
Year of the Horse











Dan Dan and John make dumplings while Wendy prepares duck
Last year's festivities

Dan Dan's mother and father visiting from Beijing this week.
My brother Brian just returned from a business trip to China in the Szechuan province and judging from some of his photos I'm glad I was dining from our menu and not his!  
Chicken feet and heads?  No thanks, pass the dumplings, please.

新年快樂的一年,
(Happy New Year, Year of the Rabbit)

No comments: